Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ayada

After the last post, I decided to try out Ayada. I read a post raving about the panang duck curry.  When I arrived, I was surprised to find that the duck curry was $15, while a normal curry is $8.  That's a pretty big difference.  Was it going to be worth it?

I decided to try it out, and when it came out, the price difference became a little more understandable. It was basically all about the meat, with the panang sauce more of an generous sauce than the normal meat-in-curry combo you see elsewhere.

The duck was indeed pretty well cooked, and had delightfully crisp parts. The panang sauce was very good, about as good as Sripraphai.

This is too expensive to make a habit out of, but it was nice to try. It would be better as part of a larger spread of dishes, due to the meat-centric nature of the dish.